Saturday, January 06, 2007

Today's Rant is All About Cingular



Because my cell phone is so old, it's analog. Therefore Cingular started charging me an extra $4.99 a month since everything new is digital and they wanted to force me to upgrade.

Sigh!

On 22 December, I ordered a new quad-band phone, and had to order a more expensive service plan since my old level of service was no longer offered (what a surprise!). I was promised overnight delivery. Hah!

Here it is, a week into January, and my new Cingular bill has arrived. With the new (and, of course, higher) charge for my upgraded service.

I have yet, however, to receive my new phone which allows me to take advantage of that upgraded service!

Complaints to customer support have thus far gone unresolved.

UPDATE: Finally got my new phone, but was unable to activate it because the service is unavailable from Saturday evenings through Monday mornings!

Monday [15 January], after almost an hour with customer service, it was finally "live" with voice mail in place. Whew!

Now let's see if my next Cingular bill is accurate!

No comments: